Class 4 Laser Therapy is an FDA cleared pain free, drug free, surgery free, non-invasive treatment that provides fast and effective pain relief, reduced inflammation and comfort.
What are the Clinical Benefits of Laser Therapy?
1. Anti-Inflammation: Laser therapy has an anti-edemic effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system (drains swollen areas). As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue that speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue.
5. Increased Metabolic Activity: Laser therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: Laser therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light will speed up the process of axonal regeneration, nerve cell reconnection, and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
9. Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulation of immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser Therapy is absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. The enzyme flavomono-nucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-tri-phosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development (fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is predominant in wound healing) in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries.
There are a number of conditions that have been improved greatly with laser treatment. Conditions include:
- Epicondylitis “Tennis Elbow”
- Rotator Cuff/Labrum/Frozen Shoulder Injuries
- All Tendonitis/Tendinosis
- Herniated/Bulging Discs
- Sciatica/Piriformis Syndrome
- Activity/Sports Injuries including Sprains, Strains, Hematomas and Tears
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Conditions of the Wrist, Fingers and Hands
- Fractures including Healing Problems
- ACL/MCL Injury and Surgery
- Achilles Tendonitis and Ankle Conditions
- Plantar Fasciitis and Foot Conditions
- Ankle/Knee Sprain, Strain and Muscle/Tendon
- Peripheral/Diabetic Neuropathy, Diabetic Wounds
- Fibromyalgia, Pain of all types
We provide movement and pain assessments before and after each treatment to ensure client comfort and to assess progress. Contact us for more details.